Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fresh air = tired kids!

Ever since the nicer weather has begun, we have been spending hours outside each day, enjoying every possible second we can outdoors. The kids are thrilled to pieces to be able to run around the backyard and make daily trips to the park. Nicki has been having a blast practicing on her tricycle and scooter and from the time Gabe wakes up in the morning he is asking to go outside, running to get his shoes and bring them to the back door.

The best part about all of this fresh air and exercise is that both kids have been sleeping like logs. They both pass out at nap time without so much as a peep and most days I have to wake them to get up and go outside again. At bed time they are asleep within minutes of their heads hitting the pillow and are waking up later and later in the mornings. For the first time in his life Gabe slept over 12 hours last night, waking up at a lovely 8:15 am.

I know I have been writing a lot about the weather, so I promise this will be my last post about it. It just plays such a huge role in our day to day lives up here, and after such a long and hard winter it feels like we are finally free!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Congrats re. you're expecting again! And I hear you with the fresh air and tired kids. It's working, at least, with my six year old. Still trying to get even 9 or 10 hours out of my toddler. Thanks for stopping by Momformation. I responded to your question on my most recent Babe's Blog post. Won't repeat it here. Take care and enjoy the nice weather. I hear it might snow here next week. Snow on lilacs. Cool.